Pet Fusion Ultimate Dog Bed Review
Finding the right dog bed can be a challenging task and with so many options having a good quality dog bed is priceless. The Pet Fusion Ultimate Dog Bed is one of the best on the market today. Rated top dog bed 2019 by mattress advisor is nothing to sneeze at.
Pet Fusion combines a soft medium-firm, memory foam combined with two separate bolsters to create the ultimate dog bed. Since the bolsters are removable, and the memory foam is so soft, yet firm enough for any breed, it is no wonder why these dog beds have become the “Bark of the Yard”.
Perfect for any dog with Hip Dysplasia, this bed can provide the support that your dog needs at night for older dogs, and the support your younger dogs need to prolong the risk of hip dysplasia, and joint wear.
Easy to Clean and set up, we wanted to review the Ultimate Dog bed so that you can make an informed decision as to if this is the right dog bed for you. We will give you our verdict at the end, but here we will weigh in on the good, the bad, and the ugly. We use a fair rating system and evaluate on a unique scale a strict scale. We look at price-to-value, Ease of use, ease of assembly, packaging, and design, and one to two unique product features.
We also stand behind our product reviews, so If you find something in this review that needs to be updated, please e-mail us directly so that we can update this review accordingly.
Pet Fusion Ultimate Dog Bed: Specs
- Solid Memory Foam base……..For the most comfortable bed that you can get your dog, this bed is made of 65% Polyester and 35% Cotton
- Water-proof liner………In Case of an accident you are sure that the mattress is safe and free of any stains, odor, or mildew
- Washable cover………Removable and Machine-Washable Cover to make it easy to wash weekly or by itself.
- Water Resistance cover……….. For those accident times or the times that they decide to drool all over the bed, the Cover is water resistance to slow down the liquid from soaking through. Just an added layer of protection
- Non-Skid Bottom……. It wouldn’t be any fun if you could skid across the kitchen with the bed, The non-skid bottom makes this bed perfect to be placed anywhere in the home.
- Dual Zipper Compartments…….. Removing only the part that you need to clean. The Bolsters, or the Medium Firm pad.
Pet Fusion Dog Beds:
Pet Fusion Dog beds have been rated top dog beds by Mattress advisor in 2019, they are also made with premium components and quality materials. The Pet fusion brand was founded in 2010 with the mission to design exceptional quality and high functioning household pet items.
Pet Fusion has been featured on Martha Stewert, Houzz, and other well-known entertainment venues. They do make good quality dog beds that are sure to surprise you. Pet Fusion wants to help keep your couch hair free and provide good comfort to your paw-panion.
Pet Fusion Does have different size and color variations with their products. Some nice Neutral colors to go with any room. If you want to put this bed in a bright-colored room, I would use the SandStone-colored cover and the gray for darker themed rooms.
Pet Fusion has various size variations as well, from the small 25 X 20” bed to the extra-large 50” x 40 “ combo.
If you wanted a variation in color, it’s great to have both replacement covers, then you can switch it up between sandstone and gray in the space.
Ultimate Dog Bed Showdown
- Dogs absolutely love it………. For most pet owners out there, their dogs absolutely adored this bed. Most took to it right away, and sleep very comfortable in the bed. Some people have even placed the bed inside a small frame for their pooch and made a bed.
- Easy to assemble with one exception…………..Putting the foam mattress inside the waterproof plastic liner before the memory foam expands. Some people have a hard time getting the liner on if they miss this important first step.
- Attractive look……………….It’s not too out there, its a clean mature look.
- Easy to Find Replacement Covers………You don’t have to buy an entirely new bed just because the cover was damaged somehow! You can easily find replacement covers for low prices on Amazon.
- The biggest complaint was the zipper not working…………. A lot of people in 2017 were claiming that the zipper was not working properly and that it broke really easily. These beds now have YKK Zippers on them to improve functionality.
- The Urine Actually Soaked Through…………… These complaints are stating that the urine-soaked through the bed into the memory foam mattress, and only lasted a short time. There are two liners, one if water-resistant the other waterproof, It is important that these be installed properly on your bed for them to work. The bed doesn’t come assembled, so it is important to follow the instructions.
- The Dog chewed the bed up…………. Well, it’s not dog proof, They will do that, especially if they are untrained, or have some type of separation anxiety issues, or anything else. If your dog is prone to chewing up beds, you may want to go with a less expensive option.
How Much Does it cost?
The Pet Fusion Ultimate Dog Bed will run you anywhere from $69.99 for the small one to $ 239.00 for the extra-large jumbo bed. This is worth the investment only if your dog is a little calmer than most and well trained. If your dog is a chewer, this is probably not the right bed for you.
PAW-Verdict: Why (or why not) Buy the Pet Fusion Ultimate Dog bed?
Pet Fusion is dedicated to quality products and they have a good return policy if it doesn’t work out. So if you get it, and your dog absolutely hates it, you can send it back to them. They also care enough to place some helpful tips on how to get your dog to like the bed, as well as care instructions on their website.
The company has excellent support, they really care about animals and have a well-designed product.
The packaging is not very colorful, I would have liked to see some Branded Packaging on this box, but it is not an eyesore. To be fair, you are throwing away the box anyway, so I am not docking points for that, I’m just saying that it would have been nice.
It is easy to get out of the box, and the instructions are pretty clear with pictures, so that is always a plus. The only thing here is that you really only get one chance to get it wrong before things become challenging. After that memory foam mattress fills with air, it can be a challenge to get the liner on without ripping it.
- Dogs love it almost immediately, and it wi as described, there is no shotty marketing going on there.
- When comparing the price to the value and considering alternatives this bed really shines.